Hi guyz,this is just a brief unboxing of the portable multipurpose router “MR-3020” from TP-Link.
I got this from ebay using COD priced at Rs1460 (+ Rs75 shipping from mumbai to meerut).
This is an excellent router for travelling,home,etc.
I purchased it to harness its cool features in some of my projects(not for browsing inernet at home by the way hehehe !!!).
Its features are described below:
- Share a 3G/4G* mobile connection, compatible with 120+ LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/EVDO 3G/4G USB modems
- Portable design, light and small enough for you to take anywhere
- Wireless N speed up to 150Mbps
- Quick security setup, faster and safer
- IP-based bandwidth control allows administrators to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each connected device
- A mini USB port to be connected to your laptop or power adapter for power supply
- 3G/4G and WAN failover guarantees an “always-online” internet connection
- Three working modes: 3G/4G Router, Travel Router (AP), WISP Client Router
The TP-Link MR3020 is a compact 3G router that lets you share your wireless 3G dongle with more than one Wi-Fi-enabled device. You can also share a cable or ADSL modem’s connection via the router’s Ethernet port, use it as a Wi-Fi bridge to connect a wired Ethernet device to your wireless network, or use it as a wireless repeater for another router. You set different networking modes via the MR3020’s built-in web-based interface or the slider switch on the side of the unit, depending on the mode you need. Thankfully, a quick setup wizard guides you through the process of configuring the MR3020 for each mode.
The MR3020 is packed with features that we take for granted on regular household routers but wouldn’t necessarily expect on a compact travel router; there’s a DMZ and port forwarding, a configurable firewall, user-selectable Wi-Fi modes and a range of wireless security modes including WPA2. The MR3020 has an uncluttered and well-designed web interface and each option is explained in a helpful information pane to the right of the screen. Altering settings on the MR3020’s web interface is always easy, even when you’re viewing it on the screen of a smartphone.