AVR-PG2 is simple and inexpensive programmer for AVR. It connects to PC parallel port and is supported by two great free softwares: Pony Prog and the open source AVR Dude. You can check on these two links for the complete list of supported devices as they are constantly updated.
- Connects to PC via parallel (printer) port (note it will not work with USB to parallel port converter!)
- AVR-PG2B is compatible with STK200 parallel port dongle programmers.
- no need for external power supply as it takes the power supply from target board.
- uses Atmel’s 2×5 pin ICSP connector layout
- dimensions 50×30 mm (2×1.3″) + 20 cm (8″) cable
for more info Goto :http://www.olimex.com/dev/avr-pg2.html